There has been a lot of buzz in the North American Corgi world regarding a particular Corgi Craigslist post looking to hire a bunch of Corgis for a wedding ceremony. Other, lesser blogs, such as Jezebel have already weighed in. Now the editorial division of ilovecorgis.com knew it had to offer perspective, we just didn’t want to rush into it. So, after much discussion and thought, here is Bling’s official response:
Dear fellow Corgi owner,
I am writing in response to your Craigs List post “Looking for six corgi rental for wedding (southie).” I am the proud talent manager of a well known tri-color Corgi, who headlines the internationally renowned website www.ilovecorgis.com. Bling, as she is known around the world, would be happy to make a guest “celebrity” appearance at your wedding. Bling has significant wedding experience, having been featured in my own wedding a few years ago (see below).
Bling normally charges for such celebrity appearances, but would be happy to be featured in your wedding for a nominal donation to a mutually agreed upon Corgi rescue or shelter. Sadly, as she does not have an entourage, her manager (myself) can only offer you the services of a single Corgi. For additional information about Bling’s relevant experience, additional pictures, and bio please check out her website: www.ilovecorgis.com. Her formal CV can also be found on linkedin.com.
Now before she definitively commits to an appearance, Bling herself has a few questions for the bride:
1. Do you have a preference for bi-color or tri-color Corgis? Bling herself is a tri-color but has no problems appearing with two toned like dogs.
2. We are operating under the assumption that you are looking for Pembroke Welsh Corgis. If Bling could manage to round up a few Cardigan Corgis, would that do?
3. Bling has a strict clause in her appearance contracts that she be held by the bride, and no one lesser than the maid of honor. She refuses to work with parents-in-law, second cousins, and the reject table set in the far corner of the room.
4. DJ or band? Bling can do dances and tricks for a small additional sum (mainly, a slice of cake).
5. You mention renting the Corgis for a “two and a half hour ceremony.” That’s awfully long. Would Bling be able to do a reading (or barking as it were)?
Let us know if this works for you. Thank you.
-www.ilovecorgis.com Talent Management Department
We here at ilovecorgis.com are still waiting a response from the Corgi Craigslist poster. Fortunately, the wedding isn’t planned for months…